We are always in need of supplies for our furry kids! Receiving donations of food, cleaning supplies, and blankets allows us to put the money we get to other uses, like getting medical care for our animals and building our new facility. Listed below are some of the things we can always use! Donate what you can, no matter how large or small, it is all appreciated and all goes to good use! Cat supplies are welcome and will be used for our fosters, other local cat rescue groups and sanctuaries. We are unable to accept opened food or treats.
Our biggest need is money! It keeps the kids warm, and healthy by paying our utility bills and our vet bills, and allows us to get critical items that are difficult to donate. Many of the dogs who enter Regional have never seen a veterinarian in their life, so Regional ensures that they are healthy and ready to be placed into a new home. We are a 100% volunteer-run organization, so you can be sure that ALL of your donation goes towards the care and well being of the dogs! Please consider giving funds if you can.
For the dogs:
- Grain-free dog food (both dry and canned) for our poor allergy suffers – Duck-based is best! (Zignature seems to be tolerated well)
- dog treats, espcially soft treats (no rawhides, no propylene glycol or xylitol*** (check soft treats), and nothing made in China please)
- please note that propylene glycol can cause extreme liver damage in pets when fed over an extended period of time, xylitol is toxic to dogs
- peanut butter (smooth – not chunky) – again, no propylene glycol or xylitol please
- unrefined coconut oil – great for dry skin
- cream cheese and/or canned spray cheese
- canned pumpkin (not pie filling)
- dentastix and greenie dog chews
- dog toys – all sizes, ropes are best
- Nylabones and Benebones – all sizes
- blankets and comforters (sheets are not needed at this time)
- laundry detergent and dryer sheets
- liquid dish soap, especially Dawn (it kills fleas!) but if it cleans, we use it
- antibacterial spray cleaners – Lysol, Clorox, Mr. Clean
- Heartguard – 26+ pounds and 51+ pounds
- Advantix – all sizes
- bleach….lots of bleach
- large, clear plastic totes
- Gift cards: Wal-Mart, Price Chopper, Hannaford (for medication and supplies), Harvey’s and Benson’s (for special foods)
- stamps, copy paper, envelopes
We have been extremely blessed with an abundance of dry food (because we just received a whopping 1,500lb donation…..thanks Weruva!!), canned food, tennis balls (the kids have a 35 gallon garbage can full of them), or paper towels/towels/sheets (our limited storage is already overflowing because of so much generosity). These items are not needed at this time!
Thank you for supporting your community shelter!